JOIN OUR TEAM
Front of House Server
Positions available in Jack Rabbits Ashbourne and Derby
Jack Rabbits cafés offer fresh, tasty, locally sourced food and drinks in Ashbourne and Derby. We have a strong team of talented and positive individuals who strive to consistently provide excellent customer service. We are going through an exciting time of development and are looking for an experienced, enthusiastic person to join our front of house team. Barista skills would be a bonus.
To apply please bring your CV and covering letter into either of our cafés, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Jack Rabbits Ashbourne, Full Time
The candidate will be highly motivated and show good leadership and food preparation qualities, will have at least 2 year’s experience in a commercial kitchen and willing to work evenings and weekends.
• Prepares food required for lunch time and evening café service.
• Responsible for the daily operations of the kitchen.
• Provides leadership and direction to kitchen staff.
• Ensures all recipes, food preparations, and presentations meet Jack Rabbits’ specifications and commitment to quality.
• Maintains a safe, orderly, and clean kitchen.
• Demonstrates this by example, using proper food-handling techniques.
• Verifies that kitchen staff follow all recipes and portions sizes correctly.
• Ensures kitchen and storage areas are kept clean and organized.
• Product Ordering.
• College or culinary training or good level of cooking and production experience.
• Good standard of maths skills.
• Understanding of proper use of major kitchen equipment, including stoves, refrigeration, knives etc.
• A minimum of 2 years working in a food preparation environment.
• Commitment to quality service and food knowledge.
• Food hygiene level 2 or other recognized hygiene qualification required.
Skills / Aptitudes:
• Ability to work under pressure in a time sensitive environment.
• Able to take direction from business owner.
• Demonstrates strong communication skills and is a team player.
• Long periods of time standing.
• Flexible and changing working hours.
• Daytime, Evening and Weekend schedules.